The History of Round Top Texas

The History of Round Top Texas

As a part of the Stephen F. Austin colony, James Winn acquired 4,428 acres (17.9 km2; 6.9 sq mi) in 1831; the present townsite was included in this tract. The community was originally known as "Townsend", after early settler Nathaniel Townsend (whose original house still...

Continue Reading

Print Email